Monday, April 15, 2013

live.faith.homeschool.[sew].

live



We are still under the guise of Arizona living, for a few more days yet. Vacation-ish but with a smidge of school thrown in. Only a smidge. And into our 4th week, I whole-heartedly believe that my young adults are like different people when they have daily purpose beyond eating Yogurtini. Even though Yogurtini totally rocks. The days they put in a good day of learning are the best days. I need to rethink this for next year. How long to stay here? Bring more schoolwork for the bigs? Its harder when the space is not your own space. Buy a house in Phoenix?

faith
Still basking in the glory of Easter. That means no fasting and lots of feasting.

homeschool
I will be returning to Canada with lots of books (what a surprise)! And the biggest most exciting thing on the homeschooling front is that on our way back to Canada I will be attending Oliver DeMille's seminar where he will ... wait for it ... reveal the ninth key to great teaching. Egads!


[sew]

Grabbed some little treasures at the fabric store on Friday. The top two and the bottom two go together and I have a few ideas for them. I love the gray with green dots. I'm planning to participate in Kids Clothes Week in late April. THAT will require a little planning in itself. But, why not? Kids Clothes Week is a blogger-driven challenge to sew one hour daily for a week, and I think it will be a blast. I've already been busy sketching some plans. What does a child actually need for a seasonal wardrobe? I've been pondering this lately because we have too much, and with three little girls in one room you need a system. However, armed with a plan, one could keep things under control, you think? Somewhat? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!