Thursday, November 01, 2012

Curvy Clutch with Needle and thREAD

Sewing friends, we are joining Elizabeth this morning for a little needle and thREAD goodness.  If you are arriving from there, welcome!

If you are looking for a sweet but small Christmas gift, may I suggest the Curvy Clutch from Michelle Patterns?




Amy Butler fabric, one elephant clasp, one magnetic snap + a little lipgloss = cute wrist bling.

I made the size small, but this pdf pattern offers you the clutch in 3 sizes.  The only change? I inserted one magnetic snap instead of the recommended two.  This little wristlet is big enough for my iphone and a set of keys, plus a tube of lipgloss.  There is a small pocket for a bankcard to slip into.  But you wouldn't want to put any loose change in here cause it would fall out once the pouch is dangling from your wrist.  Everything else holds pretty good though!  

Reading this week - the Colette Sewing Handbook by Sarai Mitnick.  A beautiful book focusing on styles and technical aspects of sewing your own clothes. I met Sarai at Sewing Summit, and what a classy, inspirational and TALENTED lady. Wow. Her philosophy is one of slowing down and enjoying the sewing process; taking your time to do a job you'll be proud of.  Sarai uses 5 basic patterns to teach you techniques from inserting zippers to adjusting patterns for your figure type. I think if you make all the projects in the book, you would have a wealth of experience and knowledge not to mention confidence.  



I really want to do a little more sewing for myself. With Christmas coming, parties and weddings, I'm hoping to go a little hand-made.  I can't decide whether to do a fancy dress or to make a beautiful skirt and just pair it with different tops to either dress it up or down.  I want to make either a circle or half-circle skirt using a self-drafted pattern - tons of tutorials online - and I think something like this would be a classic piece that won't go out of style next season. What do you think?

Have a great weekend!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!