Thursday, September 27, 2012

A little tote sweetness - Needle and thREAD

Oh, just a quick post for Elizabeth's Needle and thREAD Thursday.

I made a pretty tote to take with me to Sewing Summit.  I was inspired by Susie D's Retro Handbag on Craftsy, using her pdf pattern as a loose guideline. I made mine much bigger (hers is really more of a purse-size even though its labelled as large), added a magnetic snap, and used pellon to give it body.  I also made just one handle, with one end of the strap attached to the front and the other to the opposite back side.  I like the clean look of it that way.  I have enough fabric to make a matching clutch :).


Used cotton canvas from JoAnn.

      Dig deep!  Lined it with a boho orangy cotton. I love using bright and cheerful linings! 


As for reading, I'm plugging away at Jane Eyre; my Classic Moms class is tonight! Eeek!




4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love that it looks all sophisticated on the outside.. and then wild and exciting on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag! I love the choice of fabrics. Very smart looking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you didn't get that at a store???? Oh wait. Stores don't have bags that awesome :o).

    p.s. I especially like your use of white thread on the black. It adds that special touch.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!