Monday, November 14, 2011

The Holiness of Laughter

Over the course of my life I have had some dreams that I feel breech into the divine world.  That God somehow communicates with me.  Like, a few years back I dreamt that my deceased grandmother gave me a hug, but the hug filled me with sooooo much crazy love and joy that I was bursting with it and it woke me up.  And I knew she had sent me her love from Heaven!!  When I awoke and thought about her, I realized that it would have been her birthday that day.  OK, so to me that was like a special gift from my grandmother and God, who enabled the spiritual hug.  Its not unreasonable you know, God communicated with many Biblical figures through dreams.  I've also had dreams where words were spoken: "Wait for me."  This phrase is in the Bible in many different spots, but I really wish He would have made His message for me a little less generic!  What do I do with that?  What choice do I have but to wait for Him?? And on yet another occasion I feel that I was actually awake, and my bedroom was filled with white white light.  When I actually "woke up," I was filled with an incredible sense of deep-down rock-em-sock-em peace. 

Last night I had another such dream.  I feel like I was moving through time and space, I was not in my body so to speak.   I call on the Lord.  I began to hear murmurings of voices and I'm thinking what the heck is going on, who are all those people talking?

And then, a voice spoke to me.

It went, "Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow."

Huh???  Pardon????

And then, bang, I experience this rapid movement of myself being transported back to reality and in a few seconds my eyes explode open.  That was a strange message, I think to myself.  I guess it was just a typical crazy dream.  No profound message from God there.

Hmmm.  Really?  Maybe He's telling me to lighten up a bit?

I think God has a great sense of humor!  He must have, for He made us to enjoy a good laugh and we are made in His image and likeness.  I must tell you, I absolutely LIVE for a good belly laugh each day.  It feels soooo good, doesn't it?

and you can't just wait for it to happen TO you, you have to look for it and be open to it and seek out that laughter!  If you're short on material just laugh at yourself!!

Today I have had a several really good laughs (thanks C for the "can" of laughs).  And if you're running low on the chuckle tank, view the following video of my daughter, who was filming herself and got an unexpected surprise.  The whole thing makes me laugh.  Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!